Caps?

Anything else you collect that doesn't have a forum.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Caps?

Post by Niner » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:02 pm

I've been collecting them forever. Got hundreds of them. Some were gifts. Some bought for little or nothing. No particular plan involved with kind of hat I am likely to collect.

I've photographed a few different hats grouped by one connection or the other. The one that is probably the most interesting to someone coming to it for the first time are the Seminole indian design hats. They were made from patterns taken from the Florida indian tribe. Also, unlike most caps these days, they weren't made in China but in Atlanta Georgia. They make up my favorite fishing hat because of a guy that used to be on TV fishing down in Florida. Each one is different and only cost a dollar each when I bought them.

Anybody collect hats?
Attachments
spec.jpg
These are the indian design hats.
These are the indian design hats.
College baseball team hats mostly.  Each is for home and away and change up a little from year to year. The home cap will be all red or white with red bill.
College baseball team hats mostly. Each is for home and away and change up a little from year to year. The home cap will be all red or white with red bill.
Minor League hats.  Bay Bears, Bay Sharks. Some from a league that no longer exist. For instance:The Hilo Stars were a minor league baseball team in the Hawaii Winter Baseball league.
Minor League hats. Bay Bears, Bay Sharks. Some from a league that no longer exist. For instance:The Hilo Stars were a minor league baseball team in the Hawaii Winter Baseball league.
Military and shooting things I belong to or did belong to.
Military and shooting things I belong to or did belong to.
BASS.  Must have a dozen of these. These are just a few. They give them to you every time you renew your membership
BASS. Must have a dozen of these. These are just a few. They give them to you every time you renew your membership
Companies and businesses of various sorts. Some free. Some purchased
Companies and businesses of various sorts. Some free. Some purchased
Last edited by Niner on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
Niner
Site Admin

Can't forget this one

Post by Niner » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:07 pm

Adam sent me this one...Hunters of Brora...Made in Scotland.
Attachments
Brora.jpg
Pilgrim
Regular visitor

Post by Pilgrim » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:34 am

I knew a guy in Maine who had a hat collection.

He was the owner of a village pub and prided himself on his ability to play cribbage. Each table had a cribbage board cut into it.

He would play the customers. If the customer won, free drinks. If he won, the customer had to give him his hat.

The hats were then nailed to the ceiling as a trophy.

The ceiling was covered with hundreds of hats.
Massachusetts - Live Free or Here !

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

US Army Security Agency 1967-71
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:34 am

I like that Pilgrim :bigsmile:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.