Rods and Reels? Got any?

Anything else you collect that doesn't have a forum.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Rods and Reels? Got any?

Post by Niner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:57 pm

A guy who likes fishing needs fishing stuff. And..if you buy some decent equipment it can last you a lifetime, although mine is a mix of really high quality and some really cheap and some in the space between. Here are most of mine. A couple of them I inherited from my dad and are nearly as old as I am. I've got a couple of fly rods and a couple other rods and reels you don't see in the photo as well.

Rods and reels fill special needs. They aren't all the same. Salt water is different from fresh water. Spin cast, level wind, ultra light, trowling, casting, fly rods, and some others. You just can't have too many even of the same kind because of the different presentations....live bait, dead bait, plastic, spinner bait, etc..
Attachments
DSCN2671.jpg
Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:29 am

Niner,

Would I be right in thinking that your collection gets regular use?

Tom
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))
Niner
Site Admin

Now that I'm retired

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:59 am

I usually go once a week two thirds of the year and sometimes twice a week. Lots of different water where I live. Gulf fishing is different from bay fishing which is different from lower delta fishing which is different from upper delta, which is different from fresh water lakes.

I mostly go fishing with my youngest brother and we take turns as to if we take my boat or his. Sometimes I go by myself though.

I'll attach a few pics to show the different places. One is a gps download of a trip in Mobile Bay a week ago to give you an idea of the kind of area that I may cover in a days trip. The middle bay lighthouse is marked on this track and I'll include a picture of it. Another shows me in the Mobile Delta with a speckle trout and then out in the bay with a sheepshead. Another shows the upper delta and using fly rods to catch bream. I haven't got a good gulf picture lately, although I went in the gulf last monday.
Attachments
middlebaymap.jpg
track1.jpg
bream.jpg
fly.jpg
sheephead.jpg
Deltaspec.jpg
middlebay.jpg
Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:05 am

That is one ugly looking fish! :bigsmile:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
stripperclip
Leading Member

Post by stripperclip » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:42 am

your a lucky guy I haven't fished the gulf in 10 or so years but I do try to get out on the Tenn. river every now and then.
stripperclip