Schrade Old Timer

Anything else you collect that doesn't have a forum.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Schrade Old Timer

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:21 pm

Schrade Old Timer has been around for 50 years now. Couldn't help picking up a 50th Anniversary stockman since I have one to match it with. The one I have had for a long time was made in the USA and the new one is from who knows where....probably China.

Schrade has had a mixed history from 1904. It was bought up by Imperial knife company in 1946. Shortly after this it was linked with Walden, another kniife company in the same New York town, both under the Imperial company corporate ownership. In 1958 Schrade-Walden was moved to Ellenville New York.

Now Imperial Schrade Corporation produces Schrade knives as a division of Taylor Brands LLC.

My much used and abused Old Timer is over 45 years old....I think. I know I was young when I got it and it's such ancient history I don't really remember when I came by it.

The old knife has a carbon steel blade while the new one is stainless steel and with a slightly thicker spine. A few other slight differences....like the USA not being on the blade.
Attachments
package.jpg
blade.jpg
Schrade.jpg
two1.jpg
Last edited by Niner on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Niner
Site Admin

Just noticed something about the blades on the new one

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:49 pm

The long clip has a thicker spine as noted but the sheepsfoot and spey have narrower spines than the old model. But we are talking different blade material too.

Incidentally they both have the same model number 80T.
Attachments
cutout1.jpg
cutout2.jpg