Added another knife to the collection

Anything else you collect that doesn't have a forum.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Added another knife to the collection

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:51 pm

It gives new meaning to the question, "what prompted you to buy that thing?" Couldn't resist. It's just gaudy enough to inspire the impulse in me to buy it.

It's a sure enough 12 and a quarter inches of of imported damascus steel and genuine stag handle. Has a brass guard and and wood and brass spacers. Comes with a pretty run of the mill leather sheath. Has a thick 3/16 of an inch spine to it.

Made in Pakistan of course and put out under the Marble's banner and found at Smoky Mountain Knife Works.
Attachments
spine.jpg
IMGP2441.jpg
knifein.jpg
Dalkowski110
Contributing Member

Knowing nothing about knives...

Post by Dalkowski110 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:00 pm

"put out under the Marble's banner"

Is that by any chance the same Marble's that made the gun cleaning kits in the 1950's (my uncle still uses my grandfather's Marble's cleaning kit) as well as the Game-Getter combo gun that got killed by the NFA?
-J.W.

By the way, interested in fine C&R Sporting Arms and C&R American factory sporting rifles? Go here...

http://www.milsurpshooter.net/forums/131

...new members are always welcome!
Niner
Site Admin

Yep

Post by Niner » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Same company. It's been around a while. Goes back to the late 1800's in the US. They had a sporting goods slant from early 1900's and offered different products.

I found a photo of an advertisement from 1959. I think some of these old kits bring a little more money than you would guess they would on the auction sites.
Attachments
universal.jpg