CAMERAS

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

CAMERAS

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat May 01, 2010 9:53 am

I have just set up a display of old (ish) cameras in our Gîte, hoping that it would encourage some of the guests to take up my photo tuition mini-course and I thought you might like a look too. They are behind perspex to keep sticky fingers off them - don't want them 'dry firing' all the time :cool: :cool:

Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
PeterN2

Re: CAMERAS

Post by PeterN2 » Sat May 01, 2010 3:19 pm

I still have my Pentax Spotmatic with 35mm, 50mm, 135mm and 200mm lenses. It has a couple of dents on the prism housing where the tripod fell on it. I haven't used it for a while. I think there is a half used film still in it.
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat May 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Just like showing pictures of muzzle loaders. It's a digital world now. I've got some Kodak stock to prove the photo giant is now a midget and film is a thing the general public has given up on. Although I still play with my film cameras once in a blue moon it's mostly a dead art as far as I'm concerned.

Attachments
cameras.jpg
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun May 02, 2010 3:07 am

The Olympus Pen-EE is a half frame 35mm camera so a 36 film would produce 72 images. It got clobbered by an ammo box one time at Catterick so doesn't work now which is a pity as it had a great lens and good metering.
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun May 02, 2010 8:58 am

Never had a half frame camera. I always figured the half size would play hell with the grain when making prints.
blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Sun May 02, 2010 1:05 pm

I still have my voightlander vito which is in excelent condition and still in use ,my olympus xe,minolta x300 and 700 plus all the lenses from 24 mm to 500 also a halina panoramic camara plus my mamiyaflex c2 cirxca 1954 then there is my digital cameras which i use an olympys e20p and sp550u plus some various others
Robert :SCO:
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun May 02, 2010 1:33 pm

The photo was taken with my Canon EOS350D and a Sigma 18-200mm lens. I also have the Canon 18-55mm lens but it stays in the bag now. :cool:

Because of my problems with the carpel tunnel in my right hand and the lack of strength in my right arm I might buy a Canon G11 to ease the pressure / weight.
Duncan

Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Tue May 04, 2010 10:02 am

I'm annoyed because I can't find film for my old Kodak 'vest' autographic (the 1917, rather than the 1913) - unfortunately, it takes 127 roll film and nopbody seems to make it anymore.
It was a bitter blow when I couldn't get black and white film for it (I maintain that, with unbloomed lenses, it's a black and white camera) , but now I can't find any film at all. :cry:
[wanders off muttering about technology and markets] :mad:
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 am

Tom, try this place. They suggest that they ship international with what looks like a toll free number for questions.

http://www.centralcamera.com/_search.ph ... q=127+film
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue May 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Here you are Tom, http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk that should solve your problems!!
Duncan