Cypress trees with moss and palmettos

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Cypress trees with moss and palmettos

Post by Niner » Thu May 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Went fresh water fishing today in the northern part of the Mobile Delta. Should have gone back to salt water to catch some fish.... :bigsmile:

However, thought I'd show this photo I took of Cypress trees, complete with moss. Also one with the palmetto fern that grows wild everywhere in the delta. The UK fellows probably haven't got such plant life in their part of the world.
Attachments
cypress.jpg
Palmetto.jpg
The Virginian
Regular visitor

Re: Cypress trees with moss and palmettos

Post by The Virginian » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Nice photos of one of my favorites in my garden, the Sabal minor, the Dwarf palmetto and bald cypress which is at its northern extent in my region.
Member of the Southern National Congress :rebel:
The Virginian
Regular visitor

Post by The Virginian » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Niner: The British Isles are believe it or not, mild enough to be able to grow several kinds of palm trees, including the Pindo or Jelly Palm, Windmill Palm, Med Fan Palm, Canary Island Date Palm and the Chilean Wine Palm. I saw several there when I went on a college exchange program and would never have believed it if I had not seen it myself.
Member of the Southern National Congress :rebel:
Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 am

It's all down to a "marutime climate" and the effect of the gulf stream: Without that Britain would have the same winter weather as New York and Norway would be frozen shut for a large chunk of the year.
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))