Old Ft.MacArthur Days July 10 and 11th, 2010

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

1886lebel
Sustaining Member

Old Ft.MacArthur Days July 10 and 11th, 2010

Post by 1886lebel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 pm

I will be atternding the Old Ft.MacArthur Days Living History Timelime Event as a member of the Great War Historical Society (GWHS) at the Fort MacArthur Museum which is at Angel Gate Park, 3601 South Gaffey Street, San Pedro, City of Los Angeles on Saturday and Sunday, 10-11 July 2010 from 10 AM - 4 PM PST.
I will be setting up a WWI French Poilu Display with all my weapons, accoutrements, etc. used by them during the war. We will also have a display of WWI Allied weapons of the Western Front courtesy of RSM Allen from the "A" Coy, 2nd Battalion Lancashire Fusiliers, BEF.
Some of the Central Powers men will be doing an impression of the Siege of Tsingtao (Sept. 2 to Nov.7, 1914) as both German and Austro-Hungarian Marines, there will be also a Japanese represenative for this campaign.
We also will have the normal CP and Allied representatives showing of weapons and equipment from the Western Front 1914-1918.
We so far have 30 members coming out for the event, plus there will be reenactor/living historians from all different time-periods from Ancient Egypt to Modern Day War attending the event as well, so if you happen to be in the area stop on by and say 'allo' and maybe I will let you 'drool' over my weapons just make sure you let me know you are a member of this forum.
Patrick
Vive la République Française, le Lebel et le poilu
Verdun 1916: "Ils ne Passeront pas" "On les aura!"
Fusil d'Infanterie Modèle 1886 Modifié 1893 dit "Lebel"

Vive le Pinard !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axfM1sFqIK0
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Old Ft.MacArthur Days July 10 and 11th, 2010

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:38 am

Good luck with that Patrick, just a bit too far for me to travel but I hope you will be taking pictures for us :) :)
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.