A USEFUL BIT OF KIT

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

A USEFUL BIT OF KIT

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 am

For years I have carried this bit of kit around in my camera bag. Very useful if museums and the like prohibit the use of Flash or tripods. It's a Monopod but if challenged by a jobsworth you are able to say "No, it's a piece of knotted string"! It fits neatly into a 35mm film container and weighs nothing at all.

To attach the cord to the screw I just drilled 2 holes and looped it through tying a knot on the opposite side to the thread.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A USEFUL BIT OF KIT

Post by Woftam » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:52 pm

One of those simple yet brilliant ideas. Thanks for sharing that Duncan.
I haven't got a spare flash arm screw but I have got a couple of those little 6 inch tripods that come with digital cameras these days - should be able to create something similar with one of those and a little imagination.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.