PHOTO CONTEST RULES

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

PHOTO CONTEST RULES

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 am

The Milsurp Photo Contests.

Subject matter is specific to each contest. The theme will be set at the start of each contest, with a full guidelines about content etc.

Who can participate: All registered users may participate including judges...although obviously judges can't win any contest.

How many photos may one person submit: Anyone can submit a MAXIMUM of 3 photos. However, each photo must be submitted in a separate post. No multiple listing in one post or that post will be deleted.

How posted: All photos must be posted in the current contest forum and linked by site attachment feature so all photos share a common size before opening. Do not link from an album or site elsewhere. Linked photos will be excluded from the contest. There will be no exception to this rule. All comments about photos submitted would be appreciated along with the posting of the image.

Conditions that should be noted. All photos should be the property of the poster. No photo entered here should be entered in any other Shooting Based Forum photo contest previous to or during the course of the contest. The original owner of photos entered retains all copyright to his photo beyond his posting for the purpose of this contest.

Length of contest: The contest will run over a fixed time that will be set when proposed.

Who will judge: The judges will be three in number. DuncaninFrance, because of his professional photographic experience, Niner, because he is the guy that proposed it, and one other judge that will change from month to month will be selected from a volunteer among the moderators.
Judges will not comment on individual entries during the competition..

How judged: Judges will make their choice of the winner based on what they judge to be the best examples of imagination, skill and interest to the viewer. This will be done by PM's and initially require each judge to PM DuncaninFrance with their selection for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. These will be scored 5pts, 3 pts & 1 pt. Selections will not be sent to Duncan until he requests them and has marked the images himself. This will prevent any judge from influencing the others. In the case of a tie, further discussion between the judges will be entered into to determine an outright winner.

The judged winner will be awarded either a Milsurp After Hours patch and pin to be mailed to them, or in the case of site sponsors who have donated to the expense of the site who already have patches and pins, a plaque or trophy will be awarded instead.

DuncaninFrance will act as primary moderator of this forum although Niner, as a judge, will also be listed as moderator . Any suggestions related to future contests as to rules or subject will be considered when suggested by any member.
If anyone requires a ruling as to the validity of an entry they should contact Duncan with a PM or on Skype.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: PHOTO CONTEST RULES

Post by Niner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:21 pm

This set of rules was for the first contest only. A new contest and new rules will be posted that will be somewhat different for the next contest.