PHOTO PROCESSING SOFTWARE............

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

PHOTO PROCESSING SOFTWARE............

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:53 pm

I thought it would be a help if everyone who posts images here would be prepared to tell us all what software they use to 'process' their images.
If you post the name and URL of the software site we could all have a look at it and see if it might encourage other's to be adventuress :shock: If it's a free download I might give it a try and let you know what I think :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
dhtaxi

Re: PHOTO PROCESSING SOFTWARE............

Post by dhtaxi » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:48 pm

I use irfanview its a free down load. Its a lot easier to use than photo bucket.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Irfanview is easy to use....and FREE... http://www.irfanview.com/

I like to be able to resize and make modest corrections as to sharpness and color corrections. Irfanview does this for me in a simple to use way. And the free version of Irfanview does offer some more than standard manipulation as well with a short menu of "effects".
Attachments
mysteryboat.jpg
menu.jpg
colorcorrections.jpg
resize.jpg
sepia
sepia
"Edge detection"
"Edge detection"
turn color photos into B&W
turn color photos into B&W
Negative
Negative
blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:57 pm

I use arcsoft photo impression 6 for my processing
:SCO: Robert
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Sometimes I use a second bit of software to make collages. I use it mostly for my 6thofthe31st.com site. I use Printshop2 from Broderbund to do this. It is relatively cheap software and has been around for a while. The newest version can probably be gotten for about $20 new or much less for second hand.

I took several photos of a reloading process. Saved the digital photos I wanted and used Irfanview to put on white borders to make the images look like old photo prints. Then using Printshop I imported one photo to fill the screen and then imposed the smaller photos in various places on top if the larger image after resizing them with the easy to use printshop tools. When I had the collage the way I wanted I just saved the whole thing as a jpg....or started again and made another collage as the photos show I did.

Here are some photos I used with this method and a screen shot of the photoshop with the two saved photos imported into the screen.
Attachments
secondcollage.jpg
forth.jpg
Printshop.jpg