New Winter photo contest

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

New Winter photo contest

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Here's the deal. The photo has to be newly created. To insure this, all photos must have a common soup spoon, or any other kind of spoon, showing in the photo some place as a marker that it is a new photo and not from some time in the past. The subject and rules shall be as follows:

Show a composition with a firearm or firearms of Curio and Relic age, or older, reflecting above average imagination of composition by judgement of the voters. And....a common spoon should be some place in the photo that can be found without difficulty by the viewer as a requirement of this contest.

One photo per person. No photos that you did not take yourself. No substitution of a photo once entered.

A five day voting period will be conducted the first five days in February to determine the winner by majority vote of site members that care to vote.

The winner will get a mug with his photo and user handle as well as the Milsurp After Hours logo on it mailed to his address as soon as possible after he is determined by vote to be the winner.

All photos will be posted in this string.

Contest starts now and ends the last day of January 2011.

As I am proposing this contest I will not participate as a contestant.....although I may post something for the hell of it.
Attachments
An example of the cup...Milsurp After Hours side showing.
An example of the cup...Milsurp After Hours side showing.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: New Winter photo contest

Post by Niner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:00 pm

This idea may seem....nuts. However, I made a couple of for instance photos to show that it's possible to do without seeming too obvious.

One of the photos has the spoon at the base of the powder horn . The other just to the right of the rifle butt. Click on the photos to get a better look.

This was a Cabela's kit gun I made six or eight years ago

I did this photo thing to put off bagging those leaves you see..... Guess I better go work on it. :cry:
Attachments
one.jpg
two.jpg
blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:41 pm

count me in
Robert :SCO:
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 pm

I want that cup! I just need to find a suitable spoon now. :mrgreen:

I'm in,

Joe ;)
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 pm

I changed the length of time for the contest to make it go quicker. Anybody who can't come up with something by the end of January probably isn't interested anyway.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:04 pm

All I have to do is lean a rifle against this and the cup will be mine.......mine......MINE.....AH..HA...HA...HA....

sorry, maybe too much caffine... :roll:

Vern.
Attachments
spoon.jpg
spoon.jpg (27.95 KiB) Viewed 7019 times
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:51 pm

You aint getting that cup closey its MINE all I have to do now is find a spoon to go in it. Job done.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey Vern....looks like you are on to something. Do you know where that giant spoon is?
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:57 am

"The Eat for England spoon is on a path through farmers' fields from Cramlington to Seghill. It is part of the South East Northumberland Wildspace Network."

Where ever that is in England.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:10 am

I got to admit I questioned the spoon idea because I thought it would stand out like the proverbial dogs b***s but your photos show it can be done and done tastefully Niner. I think I have a RGHC* marked spoon around here somewhere which would be in keeping with the nature of the photo.

* Repatriation General Hospital Concord
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.