Palm Trees and Brittany Spaniels in deep snow

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

The Virginian
Regular visitor

Palm Trees and Brittany Spaniels in deep snow

Post by The Virginian » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 pm

This is my garden in February 2010 with my 2 Brittany Spaniels Winston (large one named after the PM) and Teddy (smaller one named after the POTUS) romping in the snow amongst the cold hardy palms and Eucalyptus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JjpylAbIxk

Here is the same garden in September 2010 and a tour narrated by my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK9LGjjG ... re=related

Enjoy!
Member of the Southern National Congress :rebel:
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Palm Trees and Brittany Spaniels in deep snow

Post by Niner » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:33 am

Lots of green in the garden in the warmer months looks like where you live. Looks like a serious garden too where the plants all have a name and added to a landscape with special thought involved. I took a few snaps of my yard. I noticed the color difference.....at the moment. Just took photos of the stuff I knew the common name for.
Attachments
Japanese Maple.  Planted six months ago.  It lost all it's leaves at the start of winter but now back in full dress
Japanese Maple. Planted six months ago. It lost all it's leaves at the start of winter but now back in full dress
Flower on blackberry vine in part of an unweeded flower bed.
Flower on blackberry vine in part of an unweeded flower bed.
Wisteria growing wild up into tree and Azaleas and some kind of white flowering bush in a section that pretty much grows wild.
Wisteria growing wild up into tree and Azaleas and some kind of white flowering bush in a section that pretty much grows wild.
Closer look at Azalea's
Closer look at Azalea's
Azaleas
Azaleas
Raked up a few of the oak leaves.  Made a mulch pile of some.  Left most of them on the ground.
Raked up a few of the oak leaves. Made a mulch pile of some. Left most of them on the ground.
The Virginian
Regular visitor

Post by The Virginian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Niner:

Very nice yard that is just begging to have a few hardy palms planted in it. :bigsmile: Man, I wish I could get those bags of leaves to use in my planting beds! Too bad you live so far away as I would pick them up.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Somebody driving by the house picked them up before the trash pickup guy could get to them. Wish they had come along earlier to help me bag them up. But...that would never happen. :bigsmile:
The Virginian
Regular visitor

Post by The Virginian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Niner: Besides the sago, have you thought about planting any other palms? They would be a cinch in your area.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:47 pm

My early experience with palms includes particularly the Nipa Palm. They are found in muddy places in lands far away. Here is a photo of me helping a guy by relieving him of some weight in hopes he could extract himself from the mud in a grove of Nipa palm. Frankly, I lost all interest in them as a species upon first contact. And as a resultI have no particular interest in adding to my collection of one even though it doesn't have such a need for mud. I think Niner Delta would back me up on this. But to each his own. I admire your interest and knowledge in them.
Attachments
Nipa.jpg
The Virginian
Regular visitor

Post by The Virginian » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:56 am

Too bad as you could have some awesome palms that would look great with the other plants in your yard.