So what's with this?

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

So what's with this?

Post by Niner » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am

Took a photo of some brown pelicans on some posts at a wharf for the hell of it the other day. Behind the pelicans was a boat yard. Then I noticed one sailboat with something growing on it. Bet the boat yard storage fee would be more than the boat is worth....either that or the owner has a new hobby and is so rich he doesn't care that his cockpit has something growing in it.
Attachments
IMGP0412.jpg
tangle.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: So what's with this?

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 am

A SEAWEED perhaps :mrgreen:

Kairos (καιρός) is an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment). The ancient Greeks had two words for time, chronos and kairos. While the former refers to chronological or sequential time, the latter signifies a time in between, a moment of undetermined period of time in which something special happens. What the special something is depends on who is using the word. While chronos is quantitative, kairos has a qualitative nature.

Kairos (καιρός) also means weather in both ancient and modern Greek. The plural, καιροι (kairoi or keri) means the times.

:cool: :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:35 am

I saw that in a movie, DO NOT go there after dark. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 am

That's interesting to know about the name, Duncan. Maybe it was sunk some place, maybe a few years ago in Katrina, and ended up being recovered to the extent that it ended up in that boat yard.