Video Games you like?

Anything else you collect that doesn't have a forum.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Video Games you like?

Post by Niner » Sat May 14, 2011 9:10 am

Being retired I've got lots of time to burn. I have played computer games for years. I first got interested when my son was young and he played them all the time and he invited me into it. And I've been around it long enough now to appreciate how much better they have gotten over the years.

Last Christmas I got an xbox 360 and now have about completely given up on the windows computer games. The control and the HDTV connection the instant on with little load time has won me over.

I like the shooting games that are difficult and that often require a lot of do over before I can get past a stage. My favorite at the moment is Rainbow Six Vegas, which is part of the Tom Clancy series. I've got part one and 2. Great shooter game. Requires lots of strategy. The game has terrific graphics and the bad guys come at you from different ways depending on how you move your character and what you do.

I like some of the adventure ones that have different results according to how you direct the plot and what player role you asssume. Mass Effect 2 is the best at this. Can't wait for Mass Effect 3 due out a half year from now.

Anybody else have any favorites?
Aughnanure

Re: Video Games you like?

Post by Aughnanure » Sat May 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Spider Solitaire (sorry) :(
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sat May 14, 2011 7:40 pm

For a long time I did the online flying simulations, but they have died out in recent years.
They were a lot of fun flying against other people instead of the computer.
Occasionally I still play with myself...errr ... what I mean is fly against the computer enemies in the games that I have, but I still miss flying against others.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun May 15, 2011 6:55 am

The best game is not getting caught by the wife when watching pretty girls.........................................
I used to play Golf on the PC and I have a copy of Call of Duty 4 which I was going to get into and play with dhtaxi but my brain crashed.......He probably has version 10 by now so the muzzle loader can't compete :mrgreen:

I keep thinking I will try and do a home study course on military history but then I looked at the costs - F*****G DING DONG :shock:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun May 15, 2011 9:38 am

I've got a Xbox360 version of Call of Duty 4. I don't know if different formats of the game could be mixed in playing online. If you had a PC version could you play against somebody with and Xbox360 verison, or some other version? Don't see how that could work.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun May 15, 2011 10:18 am

I have no idea, Dave could tell you....
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sun May 15, 2011 12:05 pm

No you cant play against each other if using different formats if your game is PC based you cant play against some one on the xbox etc.
I prefer PC gaming my self I build all my own PC gaming rigs you cant do that with the xbox or play station .
I play
Medal of Honour
Call of duty2
Call of duty4
Call of duty World at War
Call of duty Black ops
CRYSIS
Fall out 3
Sniper Ghost warrior
Bioshock
left for dead
Far cry
Battle field bad company2 and various others. I mainly play Cod4 and Call of duty world at war I play on sniper servers I dont like run and gun.
The sniper servers are modded so that you can only snipe.I am a member of a couple of groups there are leauges were groups of snipers play against each other usually 4 on 4 or 5 on 5. Its a international leuge played by teams from all over the world. We also use a facility called team speak so you can talk to each other in game to allow you to work as a sniping team.
I am also part of a group that builds the maps that you play on in the games we build the terrain the buildings etc then put them out for people to up load to there servers.
Sniping groups ask us to build maps for them to run on there servers. We also have test servers to run the maps on before releasing them.
We have a web sight a forum etc.
You should all grab a copy of Call of duty world at war install it and team speak (its free) on a pc and we could divide our selves into two teams and go snipe each other.
=IFIS=CS MAP.png
This map is work in progress
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon May 16, 2011 4:53 am

When do you find time to go to work Dave :loco: :loco:
Duncan

dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Mon May 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Its not easy Duncan but some one has to pay for all these hobbies. :lol: :lol:
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed May 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Gotcha..................... :loco:
Duncan