Testing a new camera

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Testing a new camera

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:34 am

I recently picked up a new camera. I was reading about it online.....the Sony Cyber Shot HX9V. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread if it will do all the things it seems to be able to do.....even has a gps built in so you can look at a photo and then go to Google earth and it will pinpoint the location where you took it, among a boat load of too many other features to list. And...it isn't all that expensive either...$350 as a general rule at the moment. Wait a few months and it will be cheaper.

I was just doing a simple auto program test in the auto shake compensation mode. I was hand holding the camera in low to medium artificial light. I took one photo no flash to establish the overall scene. Then I focused the zoom on some bottles on the wall twenty feet or so away. One snap in no flash, hand held. The other with the flash, still hand held. The print on the bottles came out, with flash, better than I would have thought. I could have chosen to snap multiple one second exposures that would offer me a choice...but didn't try that this time.

I'll upload them original size...if you click on the photos you can get a better idea.
Attachments
IMGP1100.jpg
no flash barber shop on the USS Alabama
no flash barber shop on the USS Alabama
No flash
No flash
Flash from same twenty feet or so.
Flash from same twenty feet or so.