These things are entertaining.

Anything else you collect that doesn't have a forum.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

These things are entertaining.

Post by Woftam » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:38 am

IMG_6700.JPG
Got taken shopping by the wife and daughter recently (whoopy my favourite past time :( )
They made the mistake of leaving me temporarily unsupervised :lol: .
Whilst browsing I noticed a remote control helicopter and thought why not ?
So I bought the damn thing - hours of fun later I came to the conclusion it's slightly too big for inside, but unfortunately not powerful enough for outside.
Whilst doing some shopping for the feral princess the other day while she was in hospital I noticed a micro RC helicopter. Well for $25 I figured I couldn't go wrong. Now I'm thinking about a bigger outdoor model, but might have to be a bit more circumspect about the purchase unless I can find one for $25, which I doubt :lol:
IMG_6701.JPG
Attachments
IMG_6703.JPG
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: These things are entertaining.

Post by Niner » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 am

I've got one of a slighly different model. Got it as a present last Christmas from my daughter. It's fun to fly around....Just, I'm not real good at controlling it. But.....it seems to take crashing into things pretty well and I haven't broken it or whatever it has flown into yet.

I've tried it outside but wind currents seem to make it more difficult to control.
Attachments
shithook.jpg
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Re: These things are entertaining.

Post by Woftam » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Yeah, I don't do all that well with the big one although I am better with the little one. So far I've had to retrieve the bigger one from the roof and a tree in the backyard.
Thank god the dogs don't like them.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.