New camera for Christmas

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

New camera for Christmas

Post by Niner » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Actually.... I bought it for myself. I went looking to see if Sony had come up with a new version of HX9V. They had. I had some mad money...so.

The HXV 20 is the best travel camera out there. Amazing zoom ability. Has GPS data for each photo, the V means this model has GPS. Lots of good program choices with lots of amazing features. Has a feature to offset camera shake too. Does great really close photos within an inch or so of the lens as well as photos of distance objects.... and ... it fits in your pocket. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg either. The HX9V is about the same except not as much telephoto, 16x as apposed to 20x, and a little less refinement and less cost. And... I love my HX9V, otherwise I wouldn't have been looking to see what was new in this line.

The only down side... if there is one... is that at full telephoto the photos get a water painting effect if you view them at max size. But it has so many features that that isn't a problem.. camera shake correction. Low light capabilities. Many programs including one that takes a burst of shots and picks the best one. Amazing for less then $300.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/ ... 0v_review/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG8OLEV5sAY
Attachments
16.2 Meg 16x  DSC-HX9v and 18.2 meg 20X  DSC-HX20V
16.2 Meg 16x DSC-HX9v and 18.2 meg 20X DSC-HX20V
16.2 Meg 16x  DSC-HX9v and 18.2 meg 20X  DSC-HX20V
16.2 Meg 16x DSC-HX9v and 18.2 meg 20X DSC-HX20V
Just before the storm...in the back yard
Just before the storm...in the back yard
Zoom taken from same distance as above photo
Zoom taken from same distance as above photo
From my carport to the boat carport
From my carport to the boat carport
Hitch take form same distance as photo above.
Hitch take form same distance as photo above.
From about sixty feet to the camellia bush you see to the right of center.
From about sixty feet to the camellia bush you see to the right of center.
At telephoto from same position. Bloom on camellia you see to the right in the previous photo.
At telephoto from same position. Bloom on camellia you see to the right in the previous photo.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: New camera for Christmas

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:26 am

Nice camera!! Tell you what, just so you don't have to bother throwing that old
camera in the recycle bin, I'll send you my address and $10 for postage....... :cool: :cool:

Actually, I have a couple of the 14.1 Sony Cyber-shot cameras, basic but still smarter than me... :mrgreen:
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:27 am

When I made that opening post I was feeling like the kid in the Christmas movie with the new Red Ryder BB gun. I had had my quota of bloody mary's, was feeling "jolly" and I had the urge to "shoot my eye out" and tell others about it. I apologize....just a little... for my enthusiasm. I was feeling like a kid at Christmas there for a short while. :D
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:27 pm

If you've got it - flaunt it.................... :razz: :razz:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.