Wrap it up!

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

ArchFluffy

Wrap it up!

Post by ArchFluffy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Okay, gang, check it out. I found this leather Mauser action cover that was apparently issued with the Brazilian 1908. Info from the internet and gun shows is never wrong :D Anyway, I have a Brazilian 1908 (how convenient!) and decided that it's an accessory I should have. Yup.

Clara (The rifle) gets wrapped up. It takes a while to put the thing on and take it off. So I don't think this was one of those battlefield-use things. It turns a pretty rifle into a club. But maybe at the range It'll make me look all old-school professional. I need all the help I can get. I'm not going to store the rifle in it though. I don't know if it would hold moisture against the metal.

-ArchFluffy

Dave 101
Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14

Re: Wrap it up!

Post by Dave 101 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Bondage for rifles - A very pretty rifle you have there , its nice to get the accessories as well , I doubt if there are to many of those breech covers hanging around these days .

Dave
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:49 am

Seems a little OVER ENGINEERED to me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:04 am

Thats a very fancy breech cover/ site protector and I like it. I like the 1908 even more, colour me green with envy. :mrgreen:

Joe
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Ha ha ha!

Thanks, guys!

-ArchFluffy
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:32 am

What it would probably do is send the metalwork a nice shade of brown, I once had an un-used 1851 Navy Colt that had been in the holster for possibly a hundred years, (except for a regular wipe with an oily rag) and it was perfect except that all the steel was brown.
Don't know how long the process takes, probably depends a lot on the leather and the oil.

It had belonged to a Bank and when I was giving their pistols a yearly service they trotted out the Navy and said that they didn't know how to load it; being generous by nature I offered them an ex-army .38 S&W M&P, loaded with six new rounds, as a straight swap.
Don't know what came over me, I should have charged them.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:16 am

What's a bank doing with an arsenal anyway? Old bank guard use that Colt once?