Swedish Carl Gustafs M/41B sniper rifle

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Swedish Carl Gustafs M/41B sniper rifle

Post by Miller Tyme » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:39 pm

From time to time in ones life you reach a crossroads where you decide to follow a different path, and this rifle represents just that. It's a Swedish M/41B sniper rifle produced by Carl Gustafs in 1916 mounted in a beech wood stock and handguard. Matching scope mount with an Ajack 4x90 scope mounted, the scope is Swedish crown proofed, serial numbered 2134 and dated 1942. Matching serial number parts includes both upper and lower band and bolt body. Bolt shroud assembly, floor plate, bolt release and cleaning rod are non-matching. This one came with a scope can,leather sling, front sight protector, muzzle cap, double oiler, an M1896 bayonet with scabbard, a leather belt frog, and 200 rounds of M/41 surplus ammunition.

After years of collecting Mosin's it should be interesting to start a new chapter in my firearm collecting.

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Swedish Carl Gustafs M/41B sniper rifle

Post by Niner » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Nice! I'm envious. You do plan on shooting it ....right? I suspect more than a few of your Nagants are likely not being fired. I've got a few guns that I've never fired so I'm not one of those guys that insist that you must fire a rifle to appreciate it. But.. if I had one like your new addition I'd be planning a range trip soon. You have no excuse for not having the ammo. :D
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Niner wrote:Nice! I'm envious. You do plan on shooting it ....right? I suspect more than a few of your Nagants are likely not being fired. I've got a few guns that I've never fired so I'm not one of those guys that insist that you must fire a rifle to appreciate it. But.. if I had one like your new addition I'd be planning a range trip soon. You have no excuse for not having the ammo. :D

A range trip is in the not to distant future Robert. I am looking forward to shooting some 6.5 and being able to come home without a sore shoulder :lol:
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
deadin
Site Sponsor 2016

Post by deadin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 am

Something like that could probably make me deviate from my current path also.. :mrgreen: