M1907 Paraguay Mauser

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

PeterN2

M1907 Paraguay Mauser

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:19 pm

I saw this rifle at Bisley last year but didn't take much notice as I was not planning on adding to my collection. I recently read up on the Paraguay Mausers and found out that they are uncommon as the Paraguay government never sold off their stock of old Mausers. I noticed the rifle was still on sale so I thought I would have it after all. I went on a 382 mile round trip yesterday to collect it. The dealer told me the rifle had come out of a collection that an older gentleman was downsizing and had spent the last 30 years in Jersey in the Channel Islands. The bore is bright but it has a mis-matched bolt. The rest of the rifle appears to match.
I understand the two holes behind the charger guide were for a type of screw on charger guide. I don't suppose anyone has one in their spares box? A few pics.
Paraguay right full.jpg
Paraguay full left.jpg
Paraguay left receiver.jpg
Paraguay action right.jpg
Paraguay action left.jpg
Paraguay stock number.jpg
Paraguay crest.jpg
Paraguay action bottom.jpg
Paraguay action top.jpg
Paraguay proof mark.jpg
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: M1907 Paraguay Mauser

Post by Niner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Looks a lot like my Mauser made by the same company but maybe for Turkey and in 8mm. Biggest difference that I notice on the surface is there is no finger groove carved into the stock under the rear sight and no holes for the stripper clip. How hard is it to get 7.65x53 ammo? Looks like most of the places that list it in the US are out of stock....except here:
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1584500

If you could get a few reloadable rounds you could roll your own afterward.

Congrats. You are probably the only kid on your block that has one.....or is even aware that such a fine looking rifle exists.

....just read your other comment. Looks like you have been dealing with the 7.65x53 already and are prepared to feed this one some ammo.
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:52 pm

I have some Norma 7.65mm cases and some cases converted from 7.92x57 that I got from a friend. I will make some cases from .30-06 or 7.92mm. I have dies and a RCBS trim die. It won't be shot much, just a few rounds every so often to see how it shoots.
Regards
Peter.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:36 pm

There are actually a lot of places that have the 7.65 Argy for sale, although none of it is cheap.
I got several hundred rounds from my go-to ammo place, SG Ammo, and they are the cheapest.
But if you only get a small amount, the shipping kills you. At Target Sports, free shipping if you buy 500 rounds.... :mrgreen:

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/7.65x53mm-mauser

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 am

So pretty!

Great find!

:bigsmile:

-ArchFluffy