1916 Spanish Mauser

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

firstson1959

Re: 1916 Spanish Mauser

Post by firstson1959 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:04 pm

I have owned one of these for past 20+ years. Have been a advid hunter for 42 years with experience in four states. Never fired anything but factory ammo, whether 7.62x51 NATO or .308 both fmj and expanding point out of this rifle. Only ever had trouble with on case separating and realize later that the ammo was reloads that were 10 years old. Lately I fire re-loads that are typical for a .308. Long ago took a block of black walnut and made a stock and a few years ago added a scope as hunting in Montana is much different than Pennsylvania where I grew up. Recently purchase a new .308 rifle but I am working to get my 1916 back in working order with a new magazine feed spring, to correct feed problem. Eveything else works just fine. Looking for a good rifle to hunt big game on a limited budget this one works great.

Samco still list them, just checked today.

Jim
Niner
Site Admin

Re: 1916 Spanish Mauser

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:11 pm

Welcome to the site Jim. Good to see a new poster.

We got a shooting contest on the back burner. Love to see you enter it....if you feel like it.