Range Time Tomorrow

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Range Time Tomorrow

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Taking my K98k for a shoot tomorrow in Merignac. Weather forecast 20ºc with a 20kph East North East breeze which should be blowing straight up range. Might take my .22 Mauser copy as well for some fun. :D :D
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Re: Range Time Tomorrow

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 pm

How did it go Duncan, take any pics?

I had my G98 at Diggle range the other week for a 500m military comp, the weather was great after lunch when i shot.

Joe
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 am

Great afternoon. No wind and very warm. Only took a flask of chilled orange juice with ice cubes and the K98 and shot 37 rounds ( all I had left ) , all in the black square at 50 mtrs. I have just fitted a foresight protector which allows me to get a more consistent sight picture.
There were so many on the range when we arrived that there was only one firing point left and the 100mtr target holder was broken so it was 50mtrs or nothing :roll:
Attachments
50MTRS 23 MARCH 11 web.jpg
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:55 am

There were so many on the range when we arrived that there was only one firing point left and the 100mtr target holder was broken so it was 50mtrs or nothing
That reminds me of last week. I took my youngest brother with me and we went to the public range out in the middle of nowhere half way between Mobile and Penscola, Florida on a tuesday. That's nearly a half hour drive from my place and mostly at 70 mph highway speed. We get there at 10:30 in the morning and people were waiting for a place to shoot. So we drove on back home and figured we try it on another day.

Two days later we decided to try it again. This time we left home early so as to get there just after they opened at 8:00 AM. This time we had a little elbow room but there were still enough shooters to fill up a majority of the benchs on both the 100 and 200 yard ranges and nearly all the pistol range slots.

If I were twenty years younger I'd find some land and go into the shooting range business. :loco: