K98 pics

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Niner
Site Admin

Re: K98 pics

Post by Niner » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 am

I have several weapons that I've never shot either. A couple of them because if I bought 20 rounds of ammo I'd have to spend as much as what I paid for the rifle. And there are one or two that I suspect might not stand the shock of firing and maybe blow up or come apart and injure me or somebody near me . And then there are others that I have multiple of that I never fire because of lack of the urge. And, lastly, there are a very few that I don't fire because I prize them enough that I fear some unknown negative thing might happen that might injure the weapon even though perfectly safe to fire.

:pirate:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Unlike you serious collectors, I have less than 20 total, pistols and rifles. They are of 11
different calibers, so you can see I don't have a lot of one type........ :cool:
The only one I have never shot is my Dad's old duck hunting 12 ga. shotgun from the 1930s. I'm sure
that it would shoot with no problems, but just never had any desire to shoot it.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 pm

My Walther PP that was my dad's is one I won't fire. A friend of his brought it back from WWII and gave it to him. My dad wasn't a gun guy. It was the only one he owned, except for a Remington bolt action he used to take on his cabin cruiser for sharks, and he kept it in the top draw of his chest of drawers wrapped in an old T shirt. He had the magazine loaded...and not in the pistol. It was his "home defense " pistol ...even though it was a .22. It was fired a few times near the time of his death when I took him shooting. The firing pin broke on one of those few trips and he had it fixed and fired another time after. It's in the safe and I expect to hand it down to my son. I don't plan to ever fire it again.