Peruvian Mauser

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

PeterN2

Peruvian Mauser

Post by PeterN2 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:47 pm

I saw this on Guntrader and watched it for a week thinking someone would buy it soon. I got to thinking that I have nothing in my collection from South America so I phoned the chap up and bought it. It was made about 1910. It is a bit of a mismatch in that the floor plate and bolt are not original to the rifle. On reading up about these Mausers, it seems the Peruvians kept the rifles and bolts stored apart and made no attempt to rematch them later, just issuing a rifle and a bolt. It seems to be unusual to find one of these rifles with a matching bolt. I have read that they issued about 75% of the rifles delivered and kept the rest unused. However, because of the separate storage of bolts, these unissued rifles had mostly mismatched bolts. This rifle has been used. Someone has had a go at the stock with some sandpaper and sanded over the stock markings a bit, but not completely obliterating them. It has avery nice crest. It seems to be a very well made rifle and I am glad to have it, even in its mismatched sanded condition. It is, after all, 100 years old. A few pics.

Regards
Peter.
Attachments
Peruvian Mauser Full right.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Full left.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Action right.jpg
Peruvian Mauser sight.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Muzzle.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Stock stamp.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Action top.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Barrel marks.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Action left.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Action left 2.jpg
Peruvian Mauser Crest.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Peruvian Mauser

Post by Niner » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Nice looking rifle. Looks like it is ready for some range time.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Nice find Peter, it looks to be in very good condition. It would be interesting to put it alongside a G98 to note the differences.
Have you got all the kit for reloading for this one or is ammo still readily available?

Joe
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:53 pm

The rifle came with a set of Redding dies, 57 Norma cases, 10 new and 47 once fired, and 110 174 grain bullets. Privi Partisan make the ammo and cases but Krank don't list them so I don't know of they import the 7.65mm stuff. I have enough to be going on with for now, though.
I had it at the range today and it kept them all in the black at 200yards.

Regards
Peter.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Well done !
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:20 am

PeterN2 wrote:I had it at the range today and it kept them all in the black at 200yards.
A good looker and a good shooter, what more could a man ask for. :D