Carl Gustav swedish Mauser prices in the UK

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

dhtaxi

Carl Gustav swedish Mauser prices in the UK

Post by dhtaxi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:56 pm

It seems that the average price in the UK now a days for a Carl Gustav 6.5x55 mauser is about £600 I find that hard to believe. I have one I paid about £ 250 for that has never impressed me I am tempted to sell it to finance another one but I will be a bit more carefull what I buy this time. My concience would not let me sell it for any more than I paid for it so that means I would have to find £350 to add to what I sold it for to buy another.
Hmm I could buy a new Tikka T3 in 6.5x55 for not much more. I think it might be time to have a cull and raise some money for new toys.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Carl Gustav swedish Mauser prices in the UK

Post by Niner » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Maybe you could trade it. Whatever you may want in its place has been on the same price escalator.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 pm

If you decide to cull that old French clunker give me a bell Dave i could be interested.

Joe ;)
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:00 pm

I paid £85 for my Swedish Mauser. I do not have your concience, Dave, and would reluctantly accept an offer of £600 if I ever came to sell it. I am not selling it though, so the value is only relevant for insurance purposes.
Regards
Peter.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:45 pm

If you decide to cull that old French clunker give me a bell Dave i could be interested.

Joe
When I curl my toes up Joe its yours but not for a long while yet hope fully.
Seriously though I actually get more pleasure out of the mas than I have ever had with the Swede. I could sell the Swede to morrow and it would not bother me.
The swede was a mistake I have never had a decent days shooting with it yet its just a pain.
The mas you just point it at the target pull the trigger and it shoots were you pointed it easy peasy.
It is probably one of the last of my keepers I would be likely to let go I love it its great fun.