My BSA WOP Trainer

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

Niner
Site Admin

Woftam

Post by Niner » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:04 pm

The problem with not seeing the pictures when not logged in should be fixed now on this forum. It was a mistake in the permissions control link.

It is all the same to me if you link or if you use the site upload. The plus side to the link is that it costs the site no webspace and the picture is large without clicking on it. The plus to using the site upload from our space is that the picture is saved here and over time won't be lost if people move their pictures around or delete them in their picture albums.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Hidden Enfields

Post by Woftam » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:22 am

OK that clears the picture business up. I also use Photobucket but didn't realise you could link to them. Will have to explore that avenue as well as the upload option.

The hidden Enfields are part of a display at Kilmainham Goal, Dublin. That particular section dealt the struggle for independencs and the early IRA. An amusing (at least to me) aside was the fact that a large percentage (can't remember if it was 30% or 70%) of the first elected Irish Parliament couldn't take their places in Parliament due to the fact they were in Kilmainham Goal.

Also visited the National Museum (I think thats the name). An excellent place well worth a visit. Went for the displays of early Irish life (jewellry alone was worth the visit). But there was an excellent display on the struggle for Independence which featured (from memory) a captured RIC carbine, a Long Lee, a couple of MkIII's (including one with no nosecap, damaged forend and topwood plus a distorted barrel courtesy of a direct hit) Mausers and Moisin Nagant. Unfortunately no cameras allowed.

The following is also from Kilmainham Goal and from memory features the 50th (?) anniversary celebrations.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:25 am

That looks like the TV guide for the 50th Anniversary of the 1916 Rising.

I saw the whole programme which was spread over a week and went through the events of Easter Week day by day.

Two very interesting innovations by RTE were the choosing of the actors for their physical resemblance to the characters they represented and the presence of a TV roving reporter in the scenes of 1916; surprisingly it worked well and after the first shock was neither noticeable nor intrusive.

Eoin.
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:35 pm

wotfam , im looking at the photo of what appears to be two SMLE hidden under the floor boards with newspaper , explain please , perhaps its getting late and im fatigued but this has piqed my interest - oh BTW very nice trainer you have there
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:02 am

A square 10,

The hidden Enfields are part of a display at Kilmainham Goal, Dublin. That particular section dealt the struggle for independencs and the early IRA. I think it was just a display on how the weapons were hidden at times.

Thanks for the compliment on the trainer.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.