FN Mauser .22 Trainer

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

PeterN2

FN Mauser .22 Trainer

Post by PeterN2 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:55 pm

I had a look at the rifle in the link today. I was thinking of buying it but it didn't say 'take me home' when I picked it up. I wonder if anyone knows when this was made? The bore is nice with multigroove rifling. There is the Fabrique Nationale makers mark on the left of the action and a three digit serial numer on the right of the action and on the stock. The action has no magazine as it has a solid base. The sight is graduated in 25 yard increments up to 200 yards. The finish is a black described as stove enamel by the dealer. It is chipped in places. The bolt handle looked as if it had been worked on as it had file marks on the root and looked a bit off straight and had no number.

It will probably be a good shooter. Any information on the rifle appreciated.

Regards

Peter.

http://kirklees-guns.co.uk/Second%20Han ... 4/7354.htm
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:45 pm

Peter, the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms lists an FN Mauser model M24/30 made for the Army and the Navy, both post war. In good condition the price is listed as possibly worth $250 on either one. There is also listed a FN M30 Postwar Short Rifle, still (M24/30) with standard M98 action. No pictures of any of these mentioned. This one is same value as the other two.
Lavric

Post by Lavric » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:44 pm

There is another FN 22 Cal. Mauser Single Shot.

This one: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/pho ... 3851cVCzoX
Last edited by Lavric on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson.
PeterN2

Thanks for the info

Post by PeterN2 » Mon May 01, 2006 4:54 pm

The dealer thought it was a 1950s produced rifle. I hadn't seen one before. I thought the price was a bit high so I have left it.

Regards

Peter.