New Trainer

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

PeterN2

New Trainer

Post by PeterN2 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:49 pm

I came back from the Trafalgar Meeting at Bisley with more rifles and ammuntion than I went with. This is my new rifle. It is a RF Short Rifle Mk II. It is converted from a Long Lee Enfield. The butt socket has Crown, VR, Sparkbrook, 1901 LE 1* marked on it. The left side of the butt socket is blank. The numbers on the barrel, bolt and action all match. The sight has a barred out number and the rifle number stamped on it. It has been to the other side of the world as it has the New Zealand mark on it. I will take some closer pics at the week-end. I shot it last night on an indoor 20 yard range. I can't see the sights very well in the lighting there, but after a few rounds I managed to put 9 out of 10 shots in one ragged hole. I like it. Incidentally, after I bought it I noticed a RF Short Rifle Mk I on the next table. I wish I could have bought both.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/ ... nerMk2.jpg[/pic]

Regards

Peter.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 am

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SOME PEOPLE - NEVER ME - GET ALL THE GOOD LUCK!

Duncan
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:46 am

I dream :) :)
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Lavric

I am green of envy!!!

Post by Lavric » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:31 am

I'd love to have such rifle!!!
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson.
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:55 pm

thats a great looking rifle and it shoots great as well , ive noticed dificulty with the sights on mine as well but like you if i can get it started she shoots far better than i can , id like to see a mkI let alone have a chance to buy it - would leap at that