Lee Enfield No7 Mk1 trainer

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

Tara31

Lee Enfield No7 Mk1 trainer

Post by Tara31 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi to all members of the forum. Just registered about 5 minutes ago. Have been reading the forum for some time and found some very nice info.

Thanks to all for that.

A small profile of myself : military rifle competition shooter in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and France. Age : eh, rather a bit too old for this stuff, but still shooting more or less at the top.

Of course there is a reason for my registration and if you guys can't help me ... then nobody can.

In France, one of the disciplines involves military trainers @ 50m on the C50 pistol target. I have the opportunity to acquire a Lee Enfield N°7Mk1 trainer in very nice condition (the BSA one manufactured for the RAAF, not the canadian one). I was just wondering ... given the fact that only 2500 were produced in 1948 by BSA, what the current market value would be in Europe?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers,

Marc
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Welcome Marc

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:57 pm

I can't help you with your querie but if you are evre around Bordeaux give me a shout!!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Welcome don't go away just browse a while I guarantee your question will be answered in time just need the right person to drop in.
awo425
Leading Member

Post by awo425 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 am

As they are relativela rare, one can ot place a market vallue so easely.

I got mine(all matching) in a trade (CZ .22lr scoped plus 50 Euro) and it is a EXCELLENT shooter! Boring at 50m, gives you one hole groups all day long with bulk pack ammo, I use mine only at 100m now, installed a PH5DC target sight.

There ist one for auction at Egun right now, starting bid 500 Euro, no bidds so far.

One sold a year or so ago for around 500.

Not all of the 2500 were assembled, there were quite a number unf unused barreled actions for sale in the US, all falling in the number series of the 2500 rifles.

Chris
lgcal20ga

Brit No 7

Post by lgcal20ga » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:11 pm

Hi Chris! This is my first post here. I have emailed Chris a number of times. Just saw where a Canandian No 7 sold for $925 US, without the transit case or any other extras. I have seen them go for $1300 to 1400 with the case and extras.

Not too many Brit No7's out there, so prices are a bit difficult. I paid $900 for mine two years ago and was happy to get it. Bought a CNo7 at the same time from the same seller, and paid $800 for it, with the case. Have since bought another case for the Brit, and found one of the cleaning rods on Epay. (Don't go there anymore, too antigun for me.)

Good luck finding one. I'm looking for a No 8 myself, and might have a lead on one soon. But have not heard at what price. Only one online that I found the guy wanted $1450.

BTW the Brit No 7 was made for the RAF not the RAAF, according to the British NRA Museum site.

Larry :D