BRNO Model 4

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

Dave 101
Moderator Sponsor 2011,12,13,14

BRNO Model 4

Post by Dave 101 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:42 am

Explanation required please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All .

Discussions earlier as to what constitutes a military trainer , I see from another thread a BRNO 4 is classified as military trainer , it has a stamp SVAZARM .

This is my Model 4 which is stamped SVAZARM 26 , I was lead to believe these rifles had been in storarage since the 1950s , mine is 1956 , I havent established when it was put on the open market yet . As you may know they come in different configurations of stock , barrel diameter and nfinish .
So what is the military connection ?
At my gun club we have competitions for historical rifles , I think I would have a hard time convincing them this was a military trainer .
If someone could throw some light onthe the matter it would be appreciated .

Dave
joseyclosey

Re: BRNO Model 4

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:59 am

Nice rifle Dave, but that looks more like a dedicated target rifle than a military trainer to me.

Welcome to MAH,

Joe
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: BRNO Model 4

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 am

Welcome to the range Dave!
These are my thoughts and not specific knowledge but I have seen target rifles of similar configuration in armouries in the past. I was briefly a member of the NE District Army Shooting Team that competed against Civi clubs at Strensall and the weapons we used were MOD but not service rifles. Also there are the Cadet Forces to consider too.
Like I say, just the thoughts of an old wino but they might help! :shock:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.