Found a Glenfield Mod. 75 carbine in like new condition.

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

Candyman
Contributing Member

Found a Glenfield Mod. 75 carbine in like new condition.

Post by Candyman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Back in Feb. I stopped off at one of the local pawn shops on my way home from work with no plans to buy another gun, already bought 3 this year and had plans on cutting back.

When I looked at the 22s on the rack I could not believe my eyes. There sat a Glenfield Mod 75 in like new condition.
Every used Mod 75 I have ever ran across looked bad. This one still has the factory sticker on the front of the stock.
Well the shop I was in is well known for being very high on it's used gun prices. But I asked to look at the rifle and gritted my teeth as I turned the tag to see the price. I was thinking that the tag would have $140 to $160 on it, but I was shocked to see $99.95.
Well I just couldn't help myself so I put the gun on Lay a Way. Putting a gun on Lay a Way is not really buying a gun, Right?
Well with tax (9 1/2 % here in town) the price would have been right at $110 and the guy said all I needed to put down was $30. So I gave him $30 and he rang it up. When he handed me the receipt he said he cut half the tax because I was a good costomer. So that put the total at $105. :mrgreen:

About two wees later I stopped at the shop and picked it up. It's a sweet shooter.
Here are some pic's.