Today I took out my Henry

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

Aughnanure

Today I took out my Henry

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:11 pm

or the Winchester, I can't remember which but it's marked 'Western Arms' on top of the barrel and 'A Uberti', again on the barrell side near the receiver and 'CAL 22 LR' on the top tang.
Being inspired by this new forum I took it out for an airing at the range this morn.
DSC02714.JPG
Shooting for group; the old eyes get a bit tired after 5 concentrations
Shooting for group; the old eyes get a bit tired after 5 concentrations
First scoring ! ! !
First scoring ! ! !
2nd scoring
2nd scoring
The only consolation is that had they been rabbits at 50 yards I'd have got a feed.
Open, as issued, sights.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Today I took out my Henry

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 am

WeLL, Eoin, the picture seems to indicate it will shoot low.................. :loco: :loco:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:32 am

That's one of the problems of our range, we're only allowed to use low velocity ammo; someone might shoot over the hill behind the backstop. I have the sights as low as they will go. Shoots spot on with hunting ammo but if I compensate then the foresight blots out the aiming mark. I only took it up there for fun and to demonstrate that not everyone wants to shoot with $1,000++ worth of telescope.

I'm going to mount a new and better scope (cost $95 :D ;) ) on my BSA Sportsman 5 and wrap a bit of lead around the barrel and give the Anchutz mob a run for their money. You gotta have a weight on the barrel these days, and it's mandatory that the rifle look as ugly as possible :lol:
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:56 am

I tried to see what information I could find online about your rifle. But.... not much luck as to what it actually is. However, if it says Uberti, even though there is the Western stamp, must have some value above the run of the mill 22. A Uberti yellow boy in 22, no other producer marks, would be worth several hundred US dollars in only fair condition I'd think.