Winchester Model 52

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

PeterN2

Re: Winchester Model 52

Post by PeterN2 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Did you pick up any of the 8x56R ammunitionon the list? I wish I had seen the full list of what he had. I have seen Chris White shooting at the Trafalgar Meetings over the years. It is sad that he went so early. RIP.
Regards
Peter.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes i got the 8X56 plus some FNM 8mm Mauser along with other bits and pieces Peter.

Joe
NuJudge
Contributing Member

I have a similar 52 and Fecker

Post by NuJudge » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:21 pm

The Civilian Marksmanship Program sold of the US Military's .22 target rifles in recent years, and I bought several, amongst them a Winchester 52D Heavy Barrel. It was one of the last ones at the CMP North Store, and looked rather bedraggled when I picked it out of the rack, but the others looked worse. I took it home and picked off the pieces of old, iron hard masking tape all over the stock with my fingernails, and put some Boiled Linseed on the stock, and mild figure emerged over the entire butt of the stock. It actually looks quite nice, now. :shock:

My father used a Fecker scope all through his childhood on various .22 target rifles, and it eventually ended up on a .22 Swift woodchucking rifle. My uncle traded my Dad out of it, then took the scope off and rebarreled the rifle in another caliber. When I was young, my Dad traded my uncle out of the barrel and scope, built another woodchucking rifle with them, and gave it to me.

Some day I will have to try the Fecker on the 52D.

You can buy two different Fecker manuals here:
http://www.cornellpubs.com/searchResults.php
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:41 pm

i would have driven that distance and more as well , what a fine rifle and kit , congrats - now enjoy it