new trainer found

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

A square 10
Leading Member

new trainer found

Post by A square 10 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:06 pm

new to me , found a cooey [thank you gary] and now have missing sling swivels comming [thank you grant & cec] and i really like it , grant was able to provide a lot of info and ive looked back in archives of a number of forums gleaning what was there , but id like to get more if anyone has additional info or sugestions on where to research , interested in which sling might be correct-assuming wwII standard web ,
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:22 pm

Congratulations on the Cooey, how does it shoot.

Skennerton has reference to it in his SAIS British Empire Cadet & Training Rifles.

The sling would no doubt be coterminous with its age, although a broad canvas target sling could also be appropriate.

Any chance of some pictures :cool:
ImageImage
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:52 pm

thanks , ive not seen the broad target sling , whats it look like ? ive got a friend who will shoot the photos but i may need help [im somewhat inept at the computer] posting them
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:43 pm

hi A Square, have you got the pics of the Cooey yet? I would like to see them too.

If you need help to post them let me know, i will be glad to help out.

Joe :D
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:56 pm

not gotten them taken yet but hopefull this week , we are all running diferent directions here and finding it hard to get together for anything fun , did succeded in aquiring the sling swivels , have a lead on the peep sight [its wearing the ramp type iron sights-ive seen both in posted printed materials] im hoping to dig up a sling-want a canadian marked one-maybe dated to the period
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:35 pm

just an update , she shoots great , ive still not got photos but no worries , there is another post quite close and his is identical to mine , if i didnt have it in hand id be panicking and stumbling to the cabinet , see cooey post by tymberlord , i posted a shot a thread back from this
Last edited by A square 10 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrantRCanada

Post by GrantRCanada » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:26 am

I suspect that this is the type of sling Dromia was referring to -

http://members.memlane.com/gromboug/cooey82.jpg[/pic]

That's not my rifle, by the way, but an image I stumbled upon somewhere on the 'net, and saved. This is my Model 82 (photo taken after I obtained the proper original pattern of peepsight, but before I located the source for the sling swivels and installed them also ....)

http://members.memlane.com/gromboug/cooey82c.jpg[/pic]
Grant Rombough
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Canada :CAN:
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:54 pm

That's a lovely looking rifle my friend.
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:39 am

i see , that sling would be very nice , fitted a canadian marked webb sling to mine but would be tempted to switch if i could lay hands on one of those

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188 ... ETS041.jpg[/pic]

BTW the scope is sc rewed to the existing sight holes - both peep and ramp are in my kit and can be returned to original with no damage in five miniutes - she is a tackdriver