Got Ahold Of Some HV Mags

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Josh Smith

Got Ahold Of Some HV Mags

Post by Josh Smith » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi Folks,

This is really not intended to be an advertisement.

I got ahold of some HV mags. I know folks tend to want them, so if you're interested, contact me here or go to my website, please.

Regards,

Josh
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Got Ahold Of Some HV Mags

Post by Niner » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:56 am

You are not intending to advertise...but your commercial site is in your signature and you say to contact you or go to your site. Seems like advertising to me.

I went to your site and you have these magazines you describe as such:
The HV (or no-jam) magazine was developed by the Finns to cure rimlock. It works with a properly-functioning interrupter to totally eliminate fustrating rimlock jams.

• Drop in Installation

• Prevents all rimlock

• Developed for the renouned Finnish M39

These are stripped magazines. Please use the floorplate from your old Russian mag. It drops in.

Please allow about three days to a week for delivery.
I never noticed that the Finn M39 magazines were refined over and above the construction of the non Finn magazines. What's actually different about them in so far as the way they are constructed? Why no floor plate with them?

I'm not deleting your post this time because you asked me once if we took donations or sold advertising space. ( Yes donation. No Advertising) And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't see your post as advertising.......this time. That.....and I'm curious what this is and if there is an actual known demand for it.

As long as you don't have your signature as an embedded link you can continue to use it.

If anybody else with a commercial interest posts in this site, please read the rules....

"No overt sell or trade posts of any kind are permitted unless specifically allowed in advance by an administrator."
Josh Smith

Post by Josh Smith » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Hello,

The HV (No-Jam) magazine was developed for the M27-30. It was marked HV.

They then became standard on the M39 and the "HV" marking was done away with. I don't know why this was so, but I assume because the standard magazines were take out of service. I don't know this for a fact.

A standard mag looks like this:

Courtesy 7.62x54r.net

And an HV mag looks like this:

Courtesy 7.62x54r.net

The interrupter should prevent rimlock. However, it sometimes does not due to a variety of reasons. For example, I have found that the one piece interrupters tend to be slightly shorter. Replacing my two-piece with a one-piece led to occasional rimlock.

The solution, in my opinion, is ingenious in its simplicity: The dimples in the magazine force the round directly below the interrupter backwards so that its rim is contacting, or almost contacting, the rear of the magazine. The top round, the one on top of the interrupter, cannot therefore get its rim locked behind the one below.

It serves mainly as a failsafe backup to and works with the interrupter. However, it works. I've tried to induce rimlock since installing one in my 91/30 a couple years back and I simply cannot.

The HV mag is the only one that is correct on the Finnish M39. The M27-30 usually has the earlier version that's actually marked with "HV".

I'm a huge fan of the Finns and their methods. With shimming, triggers, etc; they've made the Mosin into what it should be. Even their M39 stocks are much more ergonomic, what with the pistol grip and all. (Earlier M39 stocks do have the straight wrists, but the majority have the pistol grips.)

Where the Russians viewed the rifle as a vehicle for the bayonet, the Finns were and are riflemen like us in North America and their rifles and methods reflect this.

Regards,

Josh
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:55 am

Well that answers a question on last nights Skype chat :roll: :roll:
Anyone wanting to join in is welcome - it's a full video chat with Niner, blackisler, Archfluffy and me as regulars..................
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32 pm

I like the chats. Lots of fun.

-ArchFluffy