Greed is good

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Greed is good

Post by Miller Tyme » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Gordon Gekko was right, “greed is good”, ;) at least it is when it comes to collecting Mosin Nagant’s.

This past spring I got the opportunity to acquire a rare Finnish 42 B-Barrel M91 built on a round receiver and jumped at the chance. So when a second one showed up in an on line auction sight with a low bid I just had to throw my hat into the ring. To my surprise my bid held up and I now have 2nd one.

This one’s serial number is almost 13,000 higher than my other one. It has a 2 piece Finnish stock with a spliced butt, and Russian style sling slots with Finnish dog collars. Like my other one it has a pristine bore and still shows signs of cosmoline on the action.

All in all I am very pleased with the rifle and it will make a nice edition to my growing collection of Finnish MN’s .

The pair together
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
PeterN2

Re: Greed is good

Post by PeterN2 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Very nice rifles. Thank you for showing them. Do you plan on putting a few rounds through them to see how they shoot?

Regards
Peter.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Re: Greed is good

Post by Miller Tyme » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:33 pm

The latest one will definetly see some range time Peter, but the 1st one is still in cosmoline so it will just be a safe queen.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin