Somethings you just never get tired of

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Somethings you just never get tired of

Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Something's you never seem to get tired of collecting, for me it's SCW Mosins. Found this one last weekend and just decided I had to have it,( being at a good price helps)

It's a 1937 Izhevsk 91/30 mixmaster with several SCW traits, non-refurbed, unpinned rear sight, wire sling hangers, and the MI8 stamp on the stock behind the butt plate. The bore on this rifle is surprisingly good and bright, and the stock is unsanded with nice cartouche and inspection stamps.

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
NLMosin
Site Sponsor 2015

Re: Somethings you just never get tired of

Post by NLMosin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Looks like you got a double post there sir so I replied to the one with the most look-sees. That is a sweet find. I dont know how you guys do it. Where I live there are no good shops with old milsurps lying around waiting to be discovered...I like the writing on the butt of the stock. I dont have that on any of mine...
Looking for a 1960 T53. Always wanted a Mosin as old as I am.... :lol:
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:47 pm

What you need MLMoisin is a Curio and Relic License. That way a lot of sources open up to you and you can buy guns and have them shipped right to your door. Although it's not as much of a kid in a candy shop world like it was a dozen and more years ago you still can get a deal once in a while. Century Arms isn't near what it used to be and some other honey holes like Springfield Sporters and Navy Arms are a thing of the past. But.. there are still some around like Southern Ohio Guns and AIM and a number of others where you can add to your collection at sometimes bargain prices.
NLMosin
Site Sponsor 2015

Post by NLMosin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:39 pm

LoL Niner... I applied for the C&R a few weeks ago. I got a page back in the mail last Friday. Seems I forgot to initial the four boxes on the back page. DOH! I will send it back and then hope I dont go back to the end of the line. :lol:
Looking for a 1960 T53. Always wanted a Mosin as old as I am.... :lol: