Yep. Im hooked!

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

NLMosin
Site Sponsor 2015

Yep. Im hooked!

Post by NLMosin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:56 pm

dozen15.jpg
Looking for a 1960 T53. Always wanted a Mosin as old as I am.... :lol:
dhtaxi

Re: Yep. Im hooked!

Post by dhtaxi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:51 am

Nice looking collection Nick. How is the price of ammo over there is it readily available.
NLMosin
Site Sponsor 2015

Post by NLMosin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:36 am

No problem getting ammo as of yet. I can get a tuna can of Romanian, Bulgarian, or Russian for about $130 dollars...roughly 85 pounds. That's 440 rounds of pure shoulder pounding fun in a can! :lol:

I've tried the Russian 188/82 and Just bought a can of Romanian. I didn't have a single misfire with the Russian but last time at the range one of the Romanians had to be banged out. I'm going to order a crate (880 rounds) of the Russian and one of the Bulgarian to keep around and then buy more as I use it. Sooner or later I'll have to buy some PPU and save the brass. Reloading is not totally out of the question for me but I am fighting it for now. I dont need another hobby right now. When I finally get a sniper I'll have to try some carefully prepared loads to get the best results. I have seen posts here and there where some guys say that's the only way to get good groupings. I have pretty good luck with the mass produced stuff but have been only shooting open sights so its hard to gauge...
Looking for a 1960 T53. Always wanted a Mosin as old as I am.... :lol:
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:44 am

Re loading is the way to go but it is also a very addictive hobby. I don't know wether I shoot to reload or reload to shoot. I love reloading and find it a very satisfying and relaxing pastime. Then there is cast bullet reloading that's a whole new learning curve I'm currently spending all my spare dosh buying bullet moulds from NOE moulds in the States. I quite fancy a Nagant sniper my self its on my wish list along with a load of other stuff. It's never ending.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:32 am

Yes, Hooked!

Great collection!

-Fluffy