Opportunity Knocks, another sniper rifle for my collection

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Opportunity Knocks, another sniper rifle for my collection

Post by Miller Tyme » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Been wanting one of these for a long time so when the opportunity presented itself I just had to have it. It's a Finn Captured 1939 Tula PEM Sniper with a reproduction scope and mount. All parts are Tula and all numbers match except the bolt, which is scrubbed. The scope and Mount is one of Igor's beautiful reproductions and should do just fine until I find an original scope, mount, and base for this gem. Being as the Finnish Army only showed 213 captured snipers in it's inventory in June of 1940, and most of them being PE Top Mounts I feel I am very fortunate to have acquired this elusive Finn Captured PEM side mount sniper.
Image Image
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Miller Tyme

Re: Opportunity Knocks, another sniper rifle for my collection

Post by Miller Tyme » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Found an original scope and mount a lot faster than I thought, looks great on the rifle and returns it to its former glory.

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:05 pm

That scope looks like it means business. Better than the other simpler version that most of us end up with. I'd be curious how it shoots.
Miller Tyme

Post by Miller Tyme » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Hope to get it to the range in the next few weeks Robert. Been kind of busy with dad's illness but he now appears on the mend.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Good that your dad is on the mend. WWII paratroopers have pretty thin ranks now days. I was talking to a friend that is acquainted with Donald Burgett, 101st Abn, WWII and a noted writer. He visited Don the other day. Don is still kicking but not nearly so high any more. Old soldiers do fade away.
Miller Tyme

Post by Miller Tyme » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:54 am

Thanks Robert, pops has had an issue with water in his lungs since he had pneumonia (or so they thought) about 2 years ago, but the past 6 months it got real bad. They finally did tests and found he had some rare lung fungal infection, and the medicine they give you for it really screws with your mind and your muscles. Good news is it only took about 1 week of treatments to get it under control ( he goes today to see if it is gone for good) So now he is going through rehab to build back up his muscle strength after over 2 weeks of being bed ridden. But he is a tuff old bird and I have had to remind him that the 1st round down at the marina is on him since I bought last round at the end of last season. :lol: