Finn marked 1934 Tula 91/30

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Candyman
Contributing Member

Finn marked 1934 Tula 91/30

Post by Candyman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:00 am

A few months back, I picked up a little 22 rifle at one of the local pawn shops. I told the owner that I was going to clean it up and he asked me to bring it buy when I finished it. I don't go to this shop very often due to the fact that it is more or less out of my way. But two weeks later I drove the 6 miles out to the shop to show the owner the new finish I had applied to the little 22 rifle. He was shocked at how nice the little 22 turned out.
While I was there I thought I would have a look and see if he had anything else worth buying. Well on the end of the rack I see an old dirty Mosin. A little closer look and I see that it is in a pre war stock with a flat nose cap. I ask to look at it and when I got it in my hands, I commented on how dirty it was. The young guy, that handed it to me, said that they had just put it out and had not had the chance to clean it up yet.
He also stated that the guy they got it from said that he had had the rifle for a very long time and kept it wipped down with WD-40.
Well As the young guy is telling me about the rifle, I see that it is a 1934 Tula and is Finn marked. The tag is marked Mosin-Nagant Mauser and priced $129. I asked if he would take $100 for it and he says he will ask the owner.Well the young guy comes back and says that I have a deal.
As I was about to leave the owner asked if I was going to clean it up like I did with the 22 rifle. I told him that I kind of like dirty old military rifles that had that well used look and that I just might leave it as is.
Well here are some pic's of what I got.

Now what about that # 41?

You can just make out the Tula star on the right side od the butt stock.
This makes my 2nd Finn marked Tula 91/30 this year. :mrgreen:
I think I better be stopping by that pawn shop more offten.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Finn marked 1934 Tula 91/30

Post by Niner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:57 am

Hey...you did good. Better keep that pawn shops location to yourself. Nothing like finding a good place for milsurp prospecting.
Calfed
Regular visitor

Post by Calfed » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:05 pm

good pick up, Lee.

How is the bore? Have you shot it yet?
Candyman
Contributing Member

Post by Candyman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Calfed wrote:good pick up, Lee.

How is the bore? Have you shot it yet?
:lol: I had to go and look at the rifle to check the bore. It's kind of dark with strong lands but, I have not cleaned or shot the rifle yet. It may clean up some.
I have bought 43 guns this year so far and really haven't had time to shoot them all. :oops: