1943 M38 with Carbine sling.

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Candyman
Contributing Member

1943 M38 with Carbine sling.

Post by Candyman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Friday the 13th has always been a lucky day for me and this pass Feb. Friday the 13th was a good one.
I drove out to Oldironsights house in Mississippi to drop off a M91 stock that I had just finished up for him. We had made plans to drive out to Moss Point MS. to check out a gun shop called Guns & Ammo there. Clay told me that they always had some really cool stuff and sometimes had some really good deals.
Well you talk about a treat to visit this little shop. They had just about everything you could think of and if you had the money, They had some one of a kind things that you could buy.
They had a bunch of Yugo M48's that looked great for $145 each and there was one in a nice Walnut stock that I was going to buy until I saw the clean little M38 sitting on the rack. It was numbers matching and in a M38 stock to boot. I asked how much and the guy tells me $130. It didn't have a sling on it and the cleaning rod was missing. I spotted a Carbine sling on a 91/30 and asked if I could have the sling if I bought the rifle. The guy said yes and the rifle is mine now and the sling was a big plus. :mrgreen:
Well here are the pic's, enjoy.

Niner
Site Admin

Re: 1943 M38 with Carbine sling.

Post by Niner » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Good find. That place does have some interesting stuff for a small gun shop. Clayton took me there too. Here is one post he made about it. Clayton and I talked to the old guy about maybe advertising on this site. No dice. He doesn't fool with the internet...too new fangled for him.

http://www.milsurpafterhours.com/bb/vie ... 692#p25692
DaveGreen1954
Contributing Member

Re: 1943 M38 with Carbine sling.

Post by DaveGreen1954 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:05 pm

I like it! Good find.
Dave
Dave Green
NRA Benefactor Member