Went shooting today......

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Went shooting today......

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Went to the range today with the HK91. Anyone that has fired an HK91 knows how awful the trigger pull is,
so a few weeks ago I bought a NOS trigger pack on Gunboards. It was brand new, so I sent it to a guy that "fixes"
the trigger pull. It went from 9# to 5# pull, what a difference. It doesn't make it a sniper rifle, but it certainly does
make it easier to shoot. It certainly has improved more than my shooting skills have...... :roll:
And I still have the original trigger pack that came with the rifle.
Had taken the scope off and switched mounts since I shot it, so had to zero it again. Went through 240 rounds and the
last 20 I decided to fire off as fast as possible, and it does fire fast. So I started firing low so I didn't mess up the targets,
well stupid me didn't think about what the dirt and rocks flying would do to shoot-n-see targets. Or where some of the
rounds will land........ LOL.... There was a rock the size of a quarter stuck in the cardboard.......... :D
I tried to use a black marker to hide some of the "shrapnel wounds" on the targets, but it did tear up the bottom of the
big target. The holes with the "X" are ones from fast firing....... :roll:... Although it was really fun, very difficult to hit
anything after the first round. After zeroing in on big target, the 3 small (3") across the top were the best. For some reason
when I went from bench rest to bipod, it was hitting low and right, just adjusted up left and moved on.
Here are 3 of the several from today..........It was great fun, nice weather. "SUNS OUT...GUNS OUT!!"....... :mrgreen:

Attachments
10 - Copy.jpg
11 - Copy.jpg
12 - Copy.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Went shooting today......

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Looks like , to quote the Forged in Fire show.... "It wheeeeell Killll".

Glad to see some shooting mentioned on this site. I haven't been shooting in a coon's age.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Now I just need to get into the woods to use my target stand and the set of gongs...... :mrgreen:
But not for a few days, 240 rounds may have overdone it as my shoulder is pretty sore......

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
SelmaAdam

Post by SelmaAdam » Thu May 20, 2021 1:48 pm

Already mastered theory content hence ready to try my expertise :D .Thanks to the tips I got from a thread here.
Here are some tips;Aim: Align your sight with the target.Keep both eyes open to ease focusing and reduce eye strain.Keep your aiming time brief.
Hold Your Aim.Focus any necessary movement on the target.
Squeeze the Trigger: Jerking the trigger or abruptly clenching the trigger hand can move the gun enough to cause a miss.
Follow Through: After the bullet fires, be sure to continue the squeeze or follow-through to avoid jerking the gun before the bullet leaves the barrel.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Thu May 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Thanks for those tips, although I sure the shooters here are familiar with them..... :D

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu May 20, 2021 10:12 pm

Welcome to the site Selma Adam. Great to see a new post from a new member.