Yugo SKS on sale!

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
Niner
Site Admin

Yugo SKS on sale!

Post by Niner » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Well..... that's what they are calling it. Only $489.95 for one in excellent condition. I got one also described as in excellent condition that I paid $129.95 in 2003 from the same dealer. There used to be boat loads of them on the market. But....nearly 15 years is nearly15 years too and the value of things goes up and...sometimes...down based on supply and demand. I've got some stock that didn't do as well over that time period. Some of my stock actually took a nosedive into bankruptcy, although I'm not complaining as the plus covered the minus. Of course selling stock is an easy proposition. Asking and getting is often two different things with curio and collectibles though ......but I imagine AIM will sell all they have.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx ... oupid=5392

Wonder what a actual Russian SKS is worth. How about a rare Albanian?
Attachments
Yugo.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Yugo SKS on sale!

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:50 pm

I have a Chinese Type 56 SKS. Made in 1961 at Arsenal 26, the first year of the Chinese
characters (5 6 Type) stamped next to the serial number. Both of ours have the blade bayonet,
which I think looks better than the spike. It looks like the biggest difference between the Yugo and the
Type 56 is the front of the barrel assembly and flash suppressor.
The Chinese also made a lot of SKS for sale to civilian market (mostly US) by a company named Norinco.

Attachments
SKS 1.JPG
SKS.JPG
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm

A friend just bought a "new", unfired SKS Norinco (Chinese aftermarket) for $400 and he was
happy with the price, not sure how old it is. From what I see on Gunbroker, he did well at that price.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:16 pm

Norinco SKS is kinda like M1 carbines made after WWII from an assortment of surplus and new parts. I'd think $400 would be market value now days. But... I'm just guessing.