Heckler & Koch

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
joseyclosey

Heckler & Koch

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:18 pm

Last edited by joseyclosey on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterN2

i presume they are in 9mm

Post by PeterN2 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:16 pm

I saw a picture in a newspaper of the police in Bradford after the tragic shooting of the policewoman recently who had a similar firearm. The thing that struck me about the picture was that one PC was pointing his gun directly at his colleague. Safe gun handling seems not to be a priority with some of the police, as this is not the first time I have seen this sort of carelessness.

Regards

Peter.
Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:43 am

Sorry to be a naysayer gents but most weapons are carried in the loaded/made safe mode. When the procurement people decided to buy weapons with slings that are part of the system and not an acoutrement then weapons are at sometime going to point at someone. There is no such thing as a safe direction to point a loaded weapon, only a safer direction. Good drills and skills prevent negligent discharges and the Police have to recieve release from a senior officer if a weapon is to be used or even out on show. Deployment of armed response is in theory controlled. I have had this argument with shooters before, I agree that weapons on a range should be pointed downrange and unloaded at all times, the only exception being when targets are engaged. In the real world of engaging targets that shoot back or at least being ready for them, then muzzle direction awareness is important. This in the british army was taught by the soldier only pointing/carrying the weapon in the direction he was looking. Pointing semi autos in the air as in the early days in NI just gives the weapon farter to fall. When your organisation issues a system with fixed body slings then you need to train for that. Good handling, fingers off triggers and only made ready when necessary, and I hope with plod this means when about to engage targets and having recieved authority to do so! I cant unfortunately see the HK in question but as I carried a 53 on and off for 2 years in NI!
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:26 pm

Its 5.56mm Peter.

Whats up with the pics 24626151? I see them ok.

Joe
ThePitbullofLove
Contributing Member

Post by ThePitbullofLove » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:42 am

An ACOG scope on a carbine with a barrel that short...:D

Nice pix, Joe.

Having fired an HK-53, I can only offer that they're loud and have quite a muzzle blast!
life is the crummiest book I ever read,
there isn't a hook,
just a lot of cheap shots,
pictures to shock,
and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:08 pm

The pics at home pc ok, at work it takes too long!
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com