Even more SLR pics!

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
joseyclosey

Even more SLR pics!

Post by joseyclosey » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:15 pm

Quiet in here lately so here are some more of my old snaps from the 80`s.

Joe

Ready to go?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/j ... /arnie.jpg[/pic]
Last edited by joseyclosey on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThePitbullofLove
Contributing Member

Post by ThePitbullofLove » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:54 pm

Nice!

Fantastic pix and what a gorgeous place to shoot!

You miss that one, I bet. (I know I would)

Come visit and you can shoot my FAL's, erm, SLR's all you want.

I think I saw something posted once about adapting SLR's to fire as a bolt action rifle to maintain their legality.

Not sure if it was in the UK or Autralia though...
life is the crummiest book I ever read,
there isn't a hook,
just a lot of cheap shots,
pictures to shock,
and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

tonsper
Regular visitor

SLRs

Post by tonsper » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:38 am

Here in the People's Republic of Kanada, FNs and FALs are classified as prohibited rifles. If you had one before the law changed, you can keep it but if you didn't, you may never have one as your own. There was also a previous paragraph in the law that said if you converted the rifle to 'manual action', it became in the same legal class as a bolt rifle. I took one of my Brit L1A1s and converted it to pump action and attempted a re-registration. My timing was off and a new legal class of rifle was created for my 'benefit'. I now have one of a very few 'pump action rifles'. I wish it was like the states because it is difficult to find a range to shoot these rifles. Most will not allow 'prohibs' even if the caliber is moderate.
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:48 am

Hi Tonsper,

welcome to these forums and thanks for your post. You have my every sympathy, being a legitimate UK shooter I've been on the receiving end of every politicians anti gun legislation whilst the illegal shooters thrive.

Good to see that you are a man of discrimination and taste having an interest in the worlds best bolt action battle rifles, the Lee Enfields.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your rifles on the Enfield forum.
ImageImage
tonsper
Regular visitor

Post by tonsper » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:00 am

This is probably to be considered off- topic. I have great sympathy for shooters in the UK. For a number of reasons, I will not return to live there. I would like to pass on a few photos but I do not know how. I have recently acquired a digital camera and am still finding new things that it will do. If you have any useful tips, I would appreciate them.
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:12 am

Here's a link to the picture uploading thread.

http://milsurpafterhours.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=42

You can either do it via a hot link to a picture hosting site or upload direct from your computer. This is the easiest way but you do get those awful frames around the picture.

Have a bash at it and just get back to us if you need any more help, its a doddle once you get the hang of it, hell even I can manage to do it. :D[/url]
ImageImage
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:21 pm

Hi tonspur welcome to MAH, looking forward to your posts,

Joe
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:27 pm

Phil, we can get straight pull versions of the fal/slr in the UK, i did fancy getting one at one time but the reports i read on them indicated they were tiring to operate and required a oversize cocking handle to operate them more easily, which spoiled the aesthetic looks of a really nice rifle IMHO.

Joe