Not a Finn but close - Buying a SMG

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
tuco
Contributing Member

Not a Finn but close - Buying a SMG

Post by tuco » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:22 pm

http://www.brpguns.com/images/wtd7908.jpg[/pic]

http://www.brpguns.com/stg.htm

About as close to a KP31 that most of us will ever get. Transferable KP31's are about as rare as it gets and the prices are scary. I know of one that recently sold for over $30,000!!!! After some debate I decided to order one of these. While I have shot a few MG's over the years this is the first one that I have bought. As I have fired the real deal KP31's in Finland, it will interesting to see how this one compares.

NOW ---- Paperwork wait .... :bigsmile:

PS

The one that I bought has both the Finnish barrel as well as the shorter M37 Swede barrel. So I sort of get a two in one deal. :D
Co-Author
Finland At War
www.gunboards.com
www.mosinnagant.net
stripperclip
Leading Member

Post by stripperclip » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:50 am

that's pretty neat and the web site is cool to looks like your going to have a lot of fun with that.
stripperclip
TaosBob101
Contributing Member

Post by TaosBob101 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:36 pm

Seven K plus 200.00 ATF tax isn't too bad. All the Title 2 Calss 3 stuff just keeps going up. Pic= Finn Kp-44 w/ 72rd Soumi drum- Post-86 Dealer Sample

www.machinegunpriceguide.com

[/url]
Attachments
Picture 44.jpg
tuco
Contributing Member

Post by tuco » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:08 pm

TB - I am sure you know this but others might not... He (the seller) pays for the transfer to my Class 3 and this is in the 7K price. Then of course I will pay another $200 when the dealer transfers the gun to me. I am lucky in that the class three dealer that I am using is a long time friend so his added charge to me is not high. I also agree 100% that this stuff is all gold right now. Prices are going up and up so now might be the time to act on one of these. God only knows where the prices will be 5 years from now

SC- Yes it should be a lot of fun. Just wondering how long the paperwork will take. Oh well......
Co-Author
Finland At War
www.gunboards.com
www.mosinnagant.net
TaosBob101
Contributing Member

Post by TaosBob101 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:58 am

Ah Paperwork ! I've had it take from 60 -120 days. Seems they move alittle faster now a days. I think the new ATF NFA Branch is in WV now. Moved from Chicago. My first was sent to the old DC address and took almost 6 weeks in 1982.

Check your PPsH 41 prices in the link. Both non and C&R . :shock: Nice no "dealer fees. " They add up. I'll look for the "range report" on GB (MG sec).

Now the wait... :cool:
tuco
Contributing Member

Post by tuco » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:29 pm

I was told that the fastest turn around as of late was about 3 weeks and the slowest was 9 months (these being transfers here on the local level) I guess it just depends on how busy they are at the time.
Co-Author
Finland At War
www.gunboards.com
www.mosinnagant.net
ThePitbullofLove
Contributing Member

Post by ThePitbullofLove » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:52 pm

A friend of mine who's a class 2 mfg and who has handled those stemple tubed Suomi's says that they're first rate.

He was raving abouthow we needed to buy one of them at out last shoot.

If my sheriff would sign off, I certainly would.

I think the best part about them is that they actually come with a warranty!!!
life is the crummiest book I ever read,
there isn't a hook,
just a lot of cheap shots,
pictures to shock,
and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

tuco
Contributing Member

Post by tuco » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:14 pm

I can not wait but then again I have to wait for the paperwork :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have heard a lot of good things about BRP CORP and that counts for a lot. A good friend of mine said the work that BRP CORP does is as good as it gets. When spending this sort of money it is good to know there is a quality person behind the sale.

Your CLEO a pain in the rear? We are lucky in that ours is not. In fact he is pro gun.
Co-Author
Finland At War
www.gunboards.com
www.mosinnagant.net
ThePitbullofLove
Contributing Member

Post by ThePitbullofLove » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:06 pm

Yes and no, Brent.

He's pretty good on everything except NFA stuff.

Bends over backwards to make it easy to get hangun permits and CCW but will not sign off on anything NFA.

The guy running against him this year is said to be very NFA friendly, so there's always hope, huh?
life is the crummiest book I ever read,
there isn't a hook,
just a lot of cheap shots,
pictures to shock,
and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

tuco
Contributing Member

Post by tuco » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:30 pm

You should push for a law such as we have in TN.... If the CLEO does not sign off in a given period of time (15 days) he has to prove why he/she has not approved the paperwork. I think TN is the first state to pass this into law but it is one that all MG states should look at. It will stop these locals from altering the law just because they dislike NFA items.

http://deadbangguns.com/NFA/tennlaw.html
Co-Author
Finland At War
www.gunboards.com
www.mosinnagant.net