A Great Morning

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

A Great Morning

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:06 pm

I went down to the range at 9:45 because it was the chance to shoot at 165mtrs (Once a month)

When I arrived there was only one other member, my pal Alain there so I set up my target and just as I was coming back to the firing point Jean-François arrived in his brand new Land Rover Defender 110 in silver with leather seats and all sorts of bits!

After the usual banter J-F takes out his Austrian FAL and we proceed to do some shooting. Nobody else turns up so the range is ours for the morning. J-F decides to fire a few rounds on 'burst' but the weapon jams after the first round.

I then spent 40 mins instructing him and Alain in the correct procedures for clearing jams, why they happen and how to avoid them. I also showed them how to shoot supported using the edge of a wall and lots of other little tweeks - just like old times. What a great morning.

I hope 2007 starts in the same fashion!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:39 pm

All the best for the new year hope you have a good un.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:34 pm

Hi Duncan, that was a good way to ring out the old year. :D

Did you take your camera along?

Joe
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:26 pm

Not this time Joe but I will be sure to put it in the car for the next long shoot on Jan 28th.

J-F has a pilots licence and in return for the help with his FAL he is taking me up this summer to do some aerial shots for a photo exhibition I am having in 2008. It will be 60 prints, all relating to the Gironde Estuary. I already have sponsorship from our big local supermarket for the frames and mounts so I need some fresh prints to look at. I have about 300 to choose from so far!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.