L1A1

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
TaosBob101
Contributing Member

L1A1

Post by TaosBob101 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:30 pm

Joe

This is a real one . No proofs I can really see. I can go see it anytime ,so I'll look close. Note: I was called by the owner, while typing this .How about it says "BSA" ;)

This came into the US this way. Held in Century's bonded warehouse. That is where they hold all their resticted weapons. He had been turned down 4 yrs earlier trying to transfer a Sten and a L1A1. " The Feds said "No modern PD is going to demo these. Who needs a4 0-50 yr old full-auto".

That is where they cut up and then re-manufacture things like semi FAL's, AK's the Cetme, etc. Its not "put together" . Some how some of these must have been left full-auto. I know that some M14's were not converted to semi.

So... whose a FAL expert,some must of be left this way ,like the Aussie guns ? It has the dust cuts on the bolt and lookS pretty British to me. Were any ever sold to a past colony or Commonwealth state ?

Its just like the semi L1A1's Cent. sold with no muzzle brake.

The Madsen is 30/06 Chilean Army issue. 30rd Box mag -Gravity fed. No spring in mag. Does not like hand-loads,Fed S Korean ball okay. Slow-rate of fire.

Funky ,but very fun.

I'll make a post in this section on it. soon.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:02 pm

Look forward to the Madsen post TB :D

Joe
ThePitbullofLove
Contributing Member

Post by ThePitbullofLove » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:13 pm

Century brought in a lot of L1A1's for sale to LEO's back in the 90's.

I think they still list them in their catalog for LEO and class III stuff.

These aren't btw, fully automatic, as the majority of L1A1's, were semi's, even in military service, however, they are capable of being restored to fullauto status, in some cases by something as simple as changing the selector, hence why the L1A1's are regulated that way. IIRC, the std L1A1 has a semi only selector that prevents the gun from being switched to FA. The squad rifles had the full auto selector, and in terms of operation, this was the difference.

Now, there are some L1A1's with issue receivers and in full military trim showing up on the market from time to time. How? Well, obviously sold to LEO's and the LEO's, being ignorant of the rifle's classification, they are selling them on the secondary market. :shock:

I saw one on gunbroker several weeks ago, and it got pulled pretty quickly.
life is the crummiest book I ever read,
there isn't a hook,
just a lot of cheap shots,
pictures to shock,
and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:30 pm

Whats a "LEO" Pitbull?

Joe
ThePitbullofLove
Contributing Member

Post by ThePitbullofLove » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:53 pm

Law Enforcement Officer
life is the crummiest book I ever read,
there isn't a hook,
just a lot of cheap shots,
pictures to shock,
and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

warner520

auto S.L.R picture

Post by warner520 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:13 pm

Here a picture of a Auisse L2A1 . select fire rifle. made at lithgow from 1962 to 1982. the front forewood folds down to become the bipod , has a heavy barrel and 30 round mag. serial number would have letter pre fix AD then only six numbers. L1A1 has AD then seven numbers. AD is id for australia .i have fired the L1A1 in the australian army , and it can be made to fire full auto in the field .takes about 3 mins to do . but when on full atuo you can not put safety on.But because L1A1 does not have heavy barrel is not a good idea to do so. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/w ... NFIRE7.jpg