Webley MK VI import issues

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Ali-Mac

Webley MK VI import issues

Post by Ali-Mac » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:19 pm

I am trying to import my grandfathers Webley Mk VI in .455 to the USA, he was issued it in WW1 and while I hardly remember him that revolver has always been in the gun cabinet.

My father died a few years ago and it is now becoming increasingly hard to hold onto even antique heirlooms like this in the UK so I want to bring it here to the USA where it can have a safe future and maybe even get taken to the range some times.

To do so it has to pass the infamous "Concrete drop test"

Does anyone know if this revolver has a hammer safety or similar that prevents the hammer engaging the round unless the trigger is pulled?

Alternatively how could I go about getting a safety similar to the singapore police version retrofitted?

The gun will be 100 years old in 2016 and I would love to have it here by then.

A
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Webley MK VI import issues

Post by Niner » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Welcome to the site Ali-Mac. I don't know the answer but I have a feeling somebody will see it and give it an intelligent reply.

Oh...by the way... you are registered member number 1000!!!!. :loco: :loco: :bigsmile:

Sorry...... no prize. Wish we actually had 1000 members. Many previous members have since moved on to elsewhere in the great internet wasteland. Some have given up guns altogether. Some have died and some have taken up Facebook and Twitter and other such nonsense. But.... there are still a few die hard gun collectors around this site to offer some insight.

Welcome.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Re: Webley MK VI import issues

Post by Miller Tyme » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Contact Simpson LTD firearms, they will work with you to get it imported, and even though it is a family heirlom be prepaired to spend a nice peice of change to do it.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/

Walt
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin