Here's something that may happen that's good

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Here's something that may happen that's good

Post by Niner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:14 pm

My Congressman, Bradly Byrne, who reminds me of one of Jeff Sessions brother cookie elves, is on the Arms Services committee and is one of those "Conservative" southern legislative guys who is on the guns over butter side in the political spectrum on any question in which there is a choice...although before Trump got to be the party nominee Byrne wasn't a supporter of Trump because he thought he was unfit for the office. Of course... as the world and stomach turns.... he's all in favor of Mr. Trump now days because his constituents tend to line up that way . One thing he mentions in his recent "newsletter" is an interesting bit about releasing some military 1911's to the CMP in the military budget now sent to the Senate. Now I'm one his supporters again. Wonder if this provision will make it through the mill when the anti gun people sniff it out.
I was able to help obtain a number of conservative provisions important to our area:

Secures funding for three additional Littoral Combat Ships;
Encourages the Navy to develop a strategy as they transition from the LCS to the frigate program;
Supports gun owners by compelling the Army to releases M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program; and
Provides important clarity for the recreational marine industry as it relates to workers’ compensation coverage.